- Understand the purpose of dashboards and their power
Understand what metrics (KPIs) should be in a dashboard
Learn how to maximize the benefits of dashboards
- Learn what should not be in a dashboard
- Learn about the four levels of reporting every company needs
- There are no course requirements – this is introductory
This is a basic introduction to the use of dashboards for Business Performance Management (PM) and Business Intelligence (BI). Dashboards are used to: “Run a Business by the Numbers, Improve it Constantly and Project What Will Happen to be Ahead of the Competition!”
Dashboards are an advanced tool of management to move a person, company and department away from low level management techniques, like micromanagement, to more advanced techniques like Management By Exception (MBE). They are an auto-pilot as well as a way to look into the future by seeing trends and connections in cause and effect. Dashboards allow you to get your business down to a science with known inputs and outputs of key processes that create value. They set up a busienss for constant improvement in quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Every business with more than a handful of employees needs a dashboard. Every department with more than five or six employees should also have a dashboard. This course tells you how and why they work magic to improve a company, team and department.
- Any employee who is involved in processes or data collection for metrics
- Any manager or executive who wants to improve their management skills
- All CEOs and executives responsible for company or department performance